Friday, June 12, 2020

Just Letting You All Know

Sorry I have not been here in a while but some of you know that my husband has been told he is terminal with 6 months or less to live. He was in hospital for 3 weeks and came home where he wants to be. He has made all his final arrangements, talked to our kids and me about what he wants and who gets what,  papers are all signed. I am his sole caregiver  and at this point am pretty well worn out. He has had a lot of visitors and today thankfully nobody has come. I am not getting much sleep and can fall asleep at the drop of a pin like right now. We have two psw's coming in each day and a nurse every two days. So much to learn and remember. Hubby is awake almost 20 our of every 24 hours and I don't know how he does it. So this means I am awake too.
My son has been helping me quite a bit. Staying here if I have to go out, and I call him at all hours of the night to help me with is dad but that has now come to a stop. His wife is only 36 and just came home from hospital yesterday and is in a wheelchair. Her legs gave out like my hubbys but she is not bed ridden. So they have homecare coming in now too so he doesnt have the time to come when I need him. His wife will come first as I told him. He has been so good the last while back but now I am on my own.
Anyhow the psw just arrived so gotta run. I hope you understand and I will be back soon as possible.

10 comments:

Maryann D. said...

Sending you and your family lots of strength and many prayers.

Lynda Cook said...

Sending you lots of hugs, you do you and spend your time with your husband, we will all still be here when you decide to come back. Sending prayers!!

Glogirl said...

So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you during this challenging time.

Darlene said...

Thank you so much. I come in at night after he is settled and check but now am off to bed. I am dead tired.

Jonnie (JB) said...

So very sorry to hear this. I pray your family finds the peace and strength you all need to get through this.

Darlene said...

Thank you Jonnie.

Shirley OFlynn said...

So sorry to hear this Darlene. Sending you and your family thoughts and prayers.

Darlene said...

Thank you Shirley.

Monique L.S. said...

Sorry to hear about all you and your family are going through right now.

Darlene said...

Thank you Monique